Notice: This project is outdated and no longer active. Please use official K-Meleon builds available from kmeleon.sf.net.
Current version: K-Meleon 0.9 Gecko 1.7.13 Update
I have created a build of K-Meleon 0.9 with a very recent Gecko 1.7.13 rendering engine, using the instructions mentioned here. This build was created for those who wish to have a build of K-Meleon with a secure rendering engine, without having to build K-Meleon them self.
Note: On July 15, 2006, K-Meleon 1.0 was released. This release provides many changes, such as the latest Gecko Runtime Environment, new features, bugfixes, and updated DLL and other core files. The K-Meleon 1.0 build, available from kmeleon.sourceforge.net, is an official version of K-Meleon, and should not to be confused with my unofficial builds.
Changes/differences in my builds that differ from the original K-Meleon 0.9.x builds:
- Based on Mozilla 1.7.13; Gecko/20060221
- UserAgent string edited to denote updated Gecko in general.useragent.vendorComment
- Binary packaged as a zip file
- about:logo is now a K-Meleon logo (fixed in 20060123 build)
- Logo is "smashed" in about: (fixed in 20060123 build; second build)
- Updated copyrights on about: page (fixed in 20060123 build; second build)
- None that I know of
Download Here. 8.67 MB; Windows 95+ ZIP file. Current build is 20060221.
Please post any questions, comments, or bugs in this thread at the SillyDog701 Message Centre.
Home | Copyright 2005-2013. Billy Miller. Email: beanboy (at) gmail (dot) com.